To help you on your way to a green future we have compiled some helpful tips, for you to not only cut down on your energy bill, but to feel good whilst doing it..
PLEASE CALL 01691 839447 FOR PRICES AND QUOTATIONS FOR ANY OF OUR PRODUCTS, SEE HOW MUCH MONEY WE COULD HELP YOU SAVE BY LOWERING YOUR HOME ENERGY PERFORMANCE RATING
Sky Energy are proud that we are making a little difference and now you can do the same
Use your PV array to give you FREE hot water!
From £395 including VAT and installation
The Solar iBoost concept is to use the surplus photovoltaic energy generated at your home to heat the water in your household water tank and save you money.
You will benefit from:
- Maximizing the use of the free solar energy generated at your property.
- Cutting the cost of heating your water.
- Reduced use of your boiler
Solar i Boost uses ONLY energy that would be exported, unlike some similar products, so you take the opportunity to use as much of the free energy that, unless you have an export meter, you are paid for anyway!
We’ve designed the easiest to fit, use and monitor device, Enabling you to enjoy even more financial benefits from your PV solar investment.
Here’s how a typical household will see the benefit of Solar iBoost:
In a household with a PV array generating a 2kW surplus, just 2.5 hours is needed to raise a 100ltr tank temperature from 20 ˚C to 60˚C giving a saving of approximately ￡0.50 per day based on average energy prices. (Feb 2014).
HOW DOES IT AFFECT MY FEED IN TARIFF PAYMENTS?
Solar iBoost does not affect your FIT generation payments. Where you have a “deemed” usage contract with your FIT provider you will be paid for the export value regardless of whether the energy is consumed or not. This is normally based on 50% of the generation reading and will not be affected. Where an export meter is fitted the benefits of the Solar iBoost can still easily outweigh the rising energy costs of water heating.
IT’S CLEVER BUT SIMPLE!
- Solar iBoost fits quickly and neatly into your airing cupboard, simply wired between the existing fused spur and the immersion heater.
- It wirelessly receives information continuously from a sender device which activates the Solar iBoost to start water heating.
- A single battery operated radio sensor clamps around the household mains input cable so there’s no need for expensive wiring. The sender monitors the flow of electricity and transmits this information to the Solar iBoost.
- The Solar iBoost intelligently controls the amount of energy fed into the immersion heater using information from the sender. It adjusts the energy flow to the immersion heater as your home consumption varies ensuring that only excess power is used.
- There’s no need to change your immersion heater as Solar iBoost works with any normal household immersion rated up to 3kW. Also suitable for use with dual immersion systems.
- The digital display informs you how much energy has been saved both historically and in real time. The operating status is monitored and warning lights inform the user of any alerts.
- Solar iBoost works in harmony with your Economy 7 or 10 utility tariffs via user programmable times.
- A boost override switch with timed options gives the user complete control.
- Dims: 260 × 130 × 64mm Wt: 505g
Contact us today to enhance your PV system with the Solar iBoost
We have a large range of energy monitoring systems. to help you with cost savings , will help change habits to reduce consumption.and increase your knowledge of your electricity usage.
Created to compliment and monitor your Solar PV installation. It provides real-time access to your electricity consumption and solar generation data through your web browser, smart phone or tablet.*
Home Energy monitoring
Provides real-time access to your electricity consumption data through your web browser, smart phone or tablet.*
Whether you are a Facilities Manager, Landlord, Council /Housing Association or simply have the need to view real time and historic consumption for multiple buildings then this may be what you’ve been looking for.
3Phase Energy monitoring
Created for monitoring multi phase electricity feeds in large domestic or light industrial applications. Being general purpose it is ideal for monitoring either multi phase supplies or up to 3 separate electricity feeds.
Contact 01691 839447 or request a call back for more info
Green tips to help you lower your energy usage.
As your existing bulbs wear out, replace them with energy saving light bulbs. And always turn lights off when you leave the room.
Cavity wall insulation can help you save up to £160 per year on your heating bills. Insulate your loft with sheep’s wool, or recycled materials instead of using fibre glass.
Fit discreet “radiator foil sheets” to the backs of your radiators, they reflect heat into your room so you don’t waste money heating up the wall! And consider fitting individual thermostats to each one.
If you have an open chimney, when it’s not in use, try using a “Chimney balloon” to prevent the warm air from your room escaping and keep cold drafts out.
Double glaze or secondary glaze your windows .
Fit window , door and Draught excluders seals to keep your heat in.
Cover hot water tanks to prevent heat loss.
Put lids on your pans when cooking, the pans heat up quicker and you use less energy.
Use Solar lighting outside.
When making a cup of tea, only boil the amount of water you need. Boiling a full kettle is a waste of electricity.
NEVER put hot food into a cold fridge. This makes the fridge work extra hard to cool down again using more power.
Only use the washing machine when you have a full load.
Our Solar PV office is based in Four Crosses, Powys near : Newtown Powys, Welshpool Powys, Shrewsbury Shropshire, Oswestry Shropshire, Telford, Wellington, Llanidloes Powys, Craven Arms, Lludlow, Wrexham , Meifod, Forden , Llandinam, Rhaedyr, Aberwystyth, Llandrindod wells, Builth Wells, Knuclas, Llanymynech, Four Crosses, Llansantffraid, Bettws Cedewain, Berriew, Tregynon,